Last week, a Montana lawmaker introduced a bill that would outlaw certain types of yoga pants. Here’s why that’s totally bogus. Written on behalf of every mom-of-young-kids in America.
1. I’m tired. Like, were you up with a baby four times last night? And then, did the toddler decide to terrorize your bedroom at 5:00 a.m., looking for Octonauts and “the sugar cereal”? Didn’t think so. So, while I search for my dark sunglasses and toothbrush (which I will later find on bottom of the kids’ toy basket), I’ll go ahead and reach for those black yoga pants too. ‘Cause it’s happening.
2. They’re comfortable. I mean, really. Have you tried wearing women’s skinny jeans recently? They’re tighter than my preschooler’s favorite Spiderman shirt (which fit 18 months ago), and more uncomfortable than a maternity bra. (Okay, maybe not that bad, but still.)
3. They flatter any figure. Yoga pants are the comfortable, I-can-suck-you-in-but-it-won’t-hurt version of Spanx. They are flattering, but still comfy. So, I’m wearing them. Duh.
4. I’m fat. I didn’t want to have to tell you this, but I’ve been pregnant three times in four years. So a lil’ black yoga pant is totally what makes my fat ass feel amazing. End of story.
5. I want you to think I’m working out later. Oh yeah, I’m totally owning it. (For context, refer back to #4.) Continue reading >>