3 Magnesium Benefits: The Mighty Mineral – Michael Dewey

sources_of_magnesium-e1366843857498Almost 99% of the mass of the human body is made up of oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus. Magnesium is one of a select few minerals that make up the remaining 1%.

It may seem insignificant, especially when compared to the superstar elements that make up the 99%. But without magnesium you would die. Just as one tiny fuse can stop your car from rolling, a life without miniature magnesium would mean no life at all.

An Unsung Hero:

Magnesium is crucial for hundreds of biochemical reactions in the body. It helps to: regulate muscle and nerve function; keep heart rhythm steady; support a healthy immune system; keep bones strong; regulate blood sugar levels; promote normal blood pressure, and is involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis. It is known that all minerals work together as a team. If one mineral is missing, it actually reduces or stops the performance of the others. When magnesium is absent or if we’re deficient, modern science has discovered that a negative chain reaction takes place, increasing your chances of osteoporosis, hypertension, cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Continue Reading  >>             AlgaeCal.com